Are you a current or former Maternal and Child Health Bureau MCH Trainee? The following conference opportunity may interest you:
Dear current and former MCHB trainees,
We would like you to participate in a unique opportunity to build leadership skills and meet other MCHB current and former trainees. We hope you will consider joining us at this exciting event! Applications are due January 25, 2013.
April 4-5, 2013, the University of Wisconsin Pediatric Pulmonary Center (PPC) and the Wisconsin Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) along with the University of Alabama at Birmingham PPC will be co-hosting an interdisciplinary leadership meeting entitled “Making Lifelong Connections: Leadership, Networking and Career Development for MCHB Trainees”. This meeting provides a forum for current and former MCH trainees to work together to enhance their leadership skills, network, and develop professional connections. The meeting will begin mid-day on Thursday and will conclude with a wrap up reception on Friday. Given the nature of the meeting, participants will need to commit to the entire program and the two nights of lodging.
- Lodging on Thursday and Friday as well as food (snacks and dinner on Thursday, and breakfast, lunch and an appetizer reception on Friday) will be provided.
- Meeting attendees are responsible for working with their program to cover transportation and any other costs. The discounted hotel room rate ($149.00) will be extended three days before and after the meeting, should participants wish to stay longer at their own expense. For those who are accepted, there will be a registration fee of $25.00, to cover the cost of conference materials.
Topics for abstracts or presentations can include current or past projects related to MCH which fall into the following categories: Research, Professional Development, Program/Policy Development or a Case Study. The planning committee will review and select participants to invite. The application packets include the abstract review form that will be used for evaluation and selection.
Please make sure that you have included and/or completed the following:
- 2013 MLC Application Questions
- A brief statement of why you would like to attend the meeting based on the MCH Leadership Competencies.A single page, double spaced 12 font abstract
- The release form which allows your abstract and photo to be used in printed conference materials or electronic media.
- A photo that can be included in the conference materials. Photos cannot be professional photos unless you have obtained a release from the photographer.
All applications are due by noon CST on Friday January 25, 2013.
Only complete applications will be considered for review.
Here is the link to the application.
The application process is competitive and space is limited. Preference will be given to first time attendees. We will strive to have diverse representation from the various programs across the country. Accepted registrants will be notified on February 15, 2013.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email:
• Mary Marcus: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Craig Becker: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you in Chicago at the third annual Making Life Long Connections meeting! Like us on Facebook: Making Lifelong Connections for MCH Trainees.
The Making Lifelong Connections planning committee
Mary Marcus, MS, RD, CSP, CD
Co-Director and Nutrition Faculty
University of Wisconsin Pediatric Pulmonary Center
K4/938 600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792