The Affordable Care Act: Basic Provisions and Implications for Maternal and Child Health Populations
We at the Center for Leadership Education in Maternal and Child Public Health put together a series of factsheets about the Affordable Care Act in September 2013 to describe some of its provisions and implications for specific populations.
Each of the following factsheets also include resources for further information:
- The Affordable Care Act: What Are Its Goals and Do We Need It?
- The Affordable Care Act: Essential Benefits
- Key Insurance Market Reforms of the Affordable Care Act
- The Affordable Care Act and Women’s Health: Improved Access to Preventive Services
- The Affordable Care Act and Children
- The Affordable Care Act Provisions for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- Adolescents and Young Adults: Will the Primary Prevention Initiatives of the Affordable Care Act Affect Life Course Health and Well Being?
Our colleagues at the Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare have prepared information about the ACA and foster care youth, available at: , http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cascw/policy/2013/09/the-affordable-care-act-and-em.html