A new free online module was developed for professionals to help improve knowledge and skills about communicating with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) in the areas of:
- health care and wellness encounters with people with I/DD;
- universal design in written and electronic communication;
- language use to demonstrate respect; supporting self-determination in health;
- the use of technology to enable effective communication; communication with people with sensory challenges and language differences; and
- working with interpreters.
It is available at www.iddhealthtraining.org.