This study answered the following research questions:
(1) What are the characteristics and experiences of youth who participate in the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities?
(2) How do school attendance and academic proficiency of BGC youth differ by Club tenure, Club participation, and age?
(3) Do BGC youth have higher attendance and academic proficiency rates than their peers?
(4) What characteristics and experiences of BGC youth predict academic proficiency or satisfactory school attendance?
(5) What are the high school graduation and dropout rates for BGC youth?
For more information, visit the Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare’s (CASCW) website.