Deployments (Fall 2021/Spring 2022)
The below positions are ~5-7 hours/week:
- Community Health Assessment Intern (Hennepin County; 2 positions available)
- Early Childhood Screening Research Intern (Minneapolis Public Schools, MPS)
- MCH Section Student Intern (MN Department of Health, MDH)
- Maternal Health Project Intern (Centro Tyrone Guzman; required Spanish language-intermediate to advance level)
- Maternal Mortality Review Project Intern (MDH)
- Mental Health Promotion Intern (MDH/Extension Family Development)
- Model Practices in County Jails Project Intern (MDH)
- St. Paul Domestic Violence Intervention Program Intern (Coming soon! Check back for details.)
- Title V Maternal and Child Health Needs Assessment Intern (MDH)
Student Technical Support Positions (Fall 2021/Spring 2022)
All positions are project-specific with varying hours. Students will work with Center faculty or staff.
- MN Women’s Health Report Card Student Technical Support Position (Work with incoming MCH Program Chair Dr. Zobeida Bonilla!)
- ~3 hours/week
- Maternal and Child Health Interest Group (MCHIG) Executive Committee Member (two spots open for 1st year MCH students; apply here by August 1, 2021)
- ~4-5 hours/month
- Reproductive Justice Book Club Student Technical Support Position (Coming soon! Check back for details. Work with Drs. Jaime Slaughter-Acey and Rachel Hardeman to organize a brand new book/journal club!)
- ~3 hours/week
Our 2021-2022 RAships are available here (10 hours/week).
Before Applying: Things to Know
- Read the FAQ page carefully.
- Many positions are virtual.
- Apply by August 4, 2021. You must be an enrolled UMN MCH student.
- Reach out directly to the supervisor listed on the job description by the deadline (see last page of job description; below). Supervisors will reach out to those students they wish to interview. Most interviews will be conducted over the phone or Zoom. Once the position is offered and accepted, the supervisor contacts the Center director to facilitate your paperwork.
- Consider applying only for the position that you are able to commit to and are interested in.
- If you are offered a position, please don’t leave the supervisor waiting. Please let the offering supervisor know whether you’re accepting the offer or not within 48 hours.
- Start dates for posted positions are August 30, 2021. You should plan to have your first week of work beginning on August 30, 2021, arranged in advance with your supervisor(s). Later start dates or positions offered later in the semester mean fewer hours completed and thus a reduced stipend.
You cannot be deployed and have an RAship or student technical support position (or vice versa), nor can you be deployed to multiple agencies. This allows more students to take advantage of more opportunities. You may be a MCHIG Executive Committee Member and have a deployment or a student technical support position.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.