Launching in January of 2022!
Join the Center for MCH as we take a deeper dive into the Reproductive Justice Framework – from inception to action.
Beginning in January of 2022, the Center for MCH will be hosting a virtual book club open to University of Minnesota students. This program will feature five sessions, all focusing on a different aspect of Reproductive Justice.
See the 2022 schedule below:
- January 24, 2022 at 9 AM CT – An Introduction to Reproductive Justice: What is it, what does it mean, and who does it impact?
- Reproductive Justice: An Introduction by Loretta J. Ross and Rickie Sollinger
- February 21, 2022 at 9 AM CT – Intersectionality: Why Reproductive Justice is crucial for Black and Indigenous women and other women of color
- Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty by Dorothy Roberts
- March 21, 2022 at 9 AM CT – Clinical Applications: Racism in medicine and the medical origins of reproductive injustices
- Medical Bondage: Race, Gender, and the Origins of American Gynecology by Deirdre Cooper Owens
- April 18, 2022 at 9 AM CT – Sexual, Reproductive, and Maternal Health: From access to outcomes, birth to abortion
- Selections from Battling Over Birth: Black Women and the Maternal Health Care Crisis by Julia Chinyere Oparah and Without Apology: The Abortion Struggle Now by Jenny Brown
- May 9, 2022 at 9 AM CT – Toolkits for Medically Oppressed Populations
- Discover the Black Mamas Matter Alliance Toolkit and Queering Reproductive Justice Mini Toolkit
For more information, contact Erin Marten at email@example.com