2021-2022 Support through Separation Series
Beginning in the summer of 2021, the JIWC Collaborative will host a four-part webinar series focused on Support through Separation: Coping with the Physical and Emotional Separation…
…for the Caregiver in Community (October 2021)
…for the Birthing Person and Baby During Incarceration (TBD)
…for the Birthing Person and Baby During Reunification (TBD)
This series is grounded in the lived experiences of people closest to the topic. We aim to provide a trauma-informed, welcoming, inclusive and healing experience, especially for those with lived experience.
Free and open to the public.
Webinars brought to you by:
The students, staff and faculty of the National University Collaborative on the Health of Justice-Involved Women and Children (JIWC):
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (UMN), Center for Leadership Education in Maternal and Child Public Health*
- University of Illinois-Chicago, Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health*
- Emory University, Maternal and Child Health Center of Excellence*
- Harvard University, Maternal and Child Health Center of Excellence*
- University of Alabama-Birmingham (UAB), Maternal and Child Health Policy and Leadership Program
Webinar Planning Team:
- Heather Olden, Harvard (Webinar Coordinator)
- Sara Benning, UMN
- Dr. Anne Brisendine, UAB
- Lindsey Rice, UAB
- Jennifer Saunders, UMN
- Dr. Rebecca Shlafer, UMN
*The above Centers of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health Education, Science and Practice are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). This information or content and conclusions of our outreach products are those of the authors and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.